Friday, October 9, 2009

Vietnamese-Style Spring & Summer Rolls with a Peanut Cilantro Sauce


This is a meal that I made using the leftovers from the Thai Noodle Salad Recipe. We loved these, they were so easy to make and it was a fun and unique adventure. Now, I have made very few "rolls" in my life, so I seriously need help in the rolling department, but the taste was there. Wrapping spring rolls, and sushi rolls is a real art, and I look forward to perfecting it someday, but not today. The Summer Rolls were refreshing and clean and the spring rolls were hot and crispy and delicious! And the Peanut-Cilantro really brought them to another level! I've said it before, I'll say it again...To Die For! I wanted to add avocado to them, but I didn't have any, but I think it would have added a nice creamy texture...next time.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUMMER ROLLS:
~Rice Paper, (I used the Blue Dragon Brand, called "Spring Roll Wrappers", in the Asian aisle in Albertsons. I couldn't find them at Ralphs. And don't confused them with the refridgerated egg roll wrappers. They should be dry and thin like paper until you work with them.)
~Butter Lettuce
~Cabbage, chopped
~Carrots, julienned
~Cucumbers, julienned
~Bean Sprouts
~Sugar Snap Peas
~Avocado, sliced
~Cilantro
~Peanut-Cilantro Sauce, See Recipe in previous post

Follow instructions on the rice paper package, by soaking them in water and drying them and then add the filling, including the sauce. Wrap and Enjoy! (Keep them under a damp cold towel until you serve them.) Add extra sauce on the side for dipping.



INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPRING ROLLS:
~Rice Paper
~Cabbage, chopped
~Carrots, julienned
~Bean Sprouts
~Sugar Snap Peas
~Avocado, sliced
~Rice sticks (they are the really tiny rice thread noodles found at any conventional super market- not Trader Joe's)
~Cilantro
~Peanut-Cilantro Sauce, See Recipe in previous post
*Notice, no lettuce or cucumber, I think they would get soggy.
Saute these ingredients together really lightly and then add then into the rice paper.


Follow instructions on the rice paper package, by soaking them in water and drying them and then add the filling. Wrap and then deep fry them in canola oil. Serve with the Peanut-Cilantro Dipping Sauce and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. So you are the absolute master chef. I keep meaning to comment b/c I read every blog post, but I keep checking from my google reader and I can't comment from there. Also, I just noticed that you have visitors from all over....is that France I see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most amazing dipping sauce. Perfect with avocado egg rolls. Thanks for the ideas and recipes

    ReplyDelete