Monday, January 31, 2011

Pasta Caprese

(This photo was taken by a friend of mine, Aubrey. Same recipe, better photo! Why is everyone a better photographer than me?)
This is one of my most favorite pasta dishes ever, ever, ever!!! I am a sucker for anything with tomato, basil and mozzarella though, right? Anyway, one other reason why I am obsessed??? It is so fresh and light! I just love it! It is perfect for any occasion! Picnics, parties, or family dinners! It is pretty much just like my "Bruschetta pasta", but of course because it is from scratch, it is a bit better! I just love it!

INGREDIENTS:

5 fresh tomatoes, diced

1 can of diced tomatoes

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

2 cloves mashed garlic

1 Tbsp sliced sun-dried tomatoes

Salt and pepper to taste

1 lb. your favorite pasta

1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese packed in water, cut into small cubes

15 fresh basil leaves, finely shredded



INSTRUCTIONS:

Cut the tomatoes into a small dice. Drain them in a colander.

In a large bowl, combine the drained tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic. Season to taste. Let sit for 10 minutes to marry the flavors. Cook the pasta right before you serve it. Add the pasta the cheese and the basil to the tomato mixture and toss gently. Add the salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!!!


2 comments: