Saturday, September 17, 2011

Raspberry Muffins



This is BY FAR my favorite muffin of all time! In my opinion, they are perfection!!! This has been a long time recipe of my mom's, so I have been enjoying these delicious babies my whole life. When my mom makes them, she uses three different kinds of berries- blueberries, raspberries and blackberries- but I was always looking for the ones with the most raspberries so I thought why not make them all with just raspberries, I like the tartness, but they are good as triples too!

I have also made it in a pan, like a coffee cake...just can't go wrong!


Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

2 cup flour

1/2 cup milk

1 - 12 oz bag frozen raspberries. Don’t thaw or the batter will turn pink. (My mom makes these as triple berry muffins with blueberries, raspberries and blackberries- but I was always looking for the ones with the most raspberries so I thought why not make them all with just raspberries, I like the tartness, but they are good as triples too!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Beat the butter until creamy, then add the sugar and beat till fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Fold in half the flour and then half the milk then repeat with remaining flour and milk. Fold in all the frozen berries. Spoon the batter into muffin cups and sprinkle with the streusel topping.


Bake about 25 minutes or until done.


Streusel Topping Mixture:

1/4 cups flour

1/4 cups sugar

2 Tbsp butter, cut in

Mixture should be crumbly.


Just having a little muffin picnic in the front yard


1 comment:

  1. I have been craving these muffins since that day at the park. thank you for posting them. How cute are your kids! I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete