Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Açaí Bowls= HEAVEN

This is easily one of the best breakfasts of all time. It is so refreshing and energizing. And it really is unbelievably delicious! It is a fruit smoothie poured over granola, topped with fresh fruit and coconut. The truth is, you don't need to have açaí. If I don't have açaí, I just use other fruits to make the smoothie, anything will do. I could eat this everyday- breakfast, lunch and dinner!
P.S. Yes, that bazaar looking mess in the center of the bowl is my most favorite fruit on the planet, passion fruit! Love!!!!

Also, I just had to add a few new pictures of my newest little munchkin LOVING these açaí bowls!! Obsessed with him!


FRUIT SMOOTHIE:

Anything goes really. Any combination of frozen fruits, juice and ice. My personal favorites are berries, peaches and always a frozen banana. And I love it with orange juice, but apple juice is good too.

I have my favorite granola recipe below, or you can just use store-bought. Either way it is a perfectly beautiful treat! Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS FOR THE GRANOLA:

1/2 cup butter

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup flour

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp almond extract

1 tsp cinnamon

2 cups Rice Krispie cereal

2 cups oats

1 cup shredded coconut

1 cup Craisins

1/2 cup chopped nuts

INSTRUCTIONS:

Heat oven to 325 degrees.

Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. When the butter is melted whisk in sugar, honey, flour, vanilla, almond extract & cinnamon. Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients, (except the coconut, nuts and craisins). Mix well.

Transfer the mixture onto a baking pan with wax paper on it. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow the granola to cool for 1 hour in the pan.

*I add the coconut, nuts and dried fruit the last 5 minutes of baking so they don’t get too brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment