Monday, February 13, 2012

My Favorite Chewy Caramel Popcorn

Love Jade's face in this shot...yep the Caramel Corn is that yummy! Seriously, this might be one of my favorite treats of all time! This is my mom's delicious recipe and I just live for this stuff! It has the most amazing rich, caramel flavor, and the texture is perfection! It's soft and chewy and kind of amazing actually! I almost want to cry, it's so good!

2 large bowls popcorn, popped (Pop the popcorn first and put it in the bowls so that you can pour the caramel over as soon as it is done.)


For Caramel-

Boil to a soft ball stage:

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup white sugar

1 cup Karo syrup

1 cup half & half

1 cup butter

*If using unsalted popcorn, put a pinch of salt into the caramel at the end.



Instructions: Put all the ingredients into a pot and boil over medium- high heat, stirring constantly. When it starts to bubble and thicken and turn a caramel color, just start testing it. To test caramel, drop a drop of caramel in ice water until it is at the soft ball stage. (Soft ball stage is when it is soft but has the texture you would want in the popcorn, soft and chewy, but not runny or grainy) Keep testing often because it goes from undone to done to overdone FAST! When caramel is ready pour immediately over popcorn. Enjoy!


Jade is just lovingly gazing at the popcorn!


Love my silly Micah!

2 comments:

  1. Linds! I love your blog I hope you know. And I love caramel popcorn.... I have been making it with natural sweeteners lately and I am addicted. Try it some time. It will surprise you. http://mygreendiet.com/green-diet-plan-recipes/naturally-sweetened-caramel-popcorn/
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have been trying to master caramel corn for two years. I've tried countless recipes, and all have been too crunchy for my taste, or dry and crumbly, or have tasted like burnt sugar, etc. I just made this and it turned out PERFECT, soft and chewy and gooey, omg. I love you!

    ReplyDelete